ABIGAIL'S JOURNEY INC. PROGRAMS
WOMEN OF PRAYER Group
- THE "YOUNG LEADERS YOUTH PROGRAM GOALS:
- Help youth learn to build healthy relationships
- Reduce juvenile delinquency and gang participation by at-risk youth.
Improve academic performance of at-risk youth.
Reduce the dropout rate for at-risk youth
- Provide socialization skills such as communication, conflict resolution, decision making, stop the bullying, goal setting and field trips.
- A HOST OF YEARLY EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOP (contact agency for workshops and dates)
- THIS COMING YEAR ABIGAIL'S JOURNEY INC. WILL HOST A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CONFERENCE IN MARCH 2016. LOCATION, DAY AND TIME (WILL BE FORTH COMING).
- MAY 2016 ABIGAIL'S JOURNEY INC. WILL HOST A INFANT MORTALITY CONFERENCE/WORKSHOP. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING TO BE ON THE PLANNING COMMITTEE PLEASE CONTACT MS. COLEMAN (937) 266-2837
- QUARTERLY/WEEKLY CLOTHING GIVE-AWAY
Many families are forced to live day to day without knowing how they will provide food for the family. Abigail's Journey Inc. is honored to be in collaboration with several churches that welcomes our referrals each week for food and clothing for families living in poverty. Each week we receive request from families and that request is filled each week with provisions that the family needs. Quarterly the agency host a community give-away for anyone that is in need of clothing, shoes, and toiletry. The quarterly schedule for give-a ways are:
- Each year prior to school starting we gather school items for children whose family would otherwise not be able to get their children the school supplies they may need. We reach out to organizations such as the Mead Corporation, Walmart, community and churches for donations to help provide the school supplies. We also provide school uniforms. To date the organization has provide over 840 children with school supplies and uniforms.
- Resume Writing-Per-request
- Cover Letters-Per-request
- Employment links-
- Educational Links
- Interview Simulations-Schedule
WOMEN OF PRAYER Group
- This group is targeted to women seeking a spiritual experience with other women. The group has changed it's meeting time and dates and is now collaborating with the "Women of Worth" spiritual group that has the same mission as "Women of Prayer" which is to empower women spiritually. We will now be meeting the third Saturday morning (9:00-12:30) of each month and group location is 3300 West Third St. Dayton, OH 4541